Just about everyone experiences mild to moderate headaches from time to time. It’s when headaches are severe and become a frequent source of pain and discomfort that medical treatment may be required.
There are over 150 types of headaches, triggered by a variety of factors, including:
- A sports injury, such as a blow to the head or concussion
- Stress due to elevated levels of adrenaline and cortisol
- Muscular injury due to poor posture or the overuse of neck muscles
- Dehydration due to excessive activity
- Illnesses, such as fever or respiratory infection, resulting in pressure or inflammation of soft tissues
- Environmental factors, such as allergens, noise, light, and changes in the weather
Headache pain occurs when signals from the muscles in your head or the nerves in your blood vessels are transmitted to your brain. The most painful headaches tend to be migraines, which are recurring headaches that can last anywhere from a few hours to several days and usually affect one side of the head, although they can occasionally affect both sides.
Aside from their severity, migraines differ from other types of headaches in that they tend to cause a painful throbbing sensation in a particular area and can worsen with physical exertion. The common symptoms include a sensitivity to light and nausea.
The sports injury specialists at Reagan Integrated Sports Medicine have extensive experience and advanced skills in the diagnosis and treatment of many different types of headaches. With their vast knowledge, they can help you find a solution to your chronic headaches with treatment options that include, but are not limited to:
- Massage Therapy
- Acupuncture & Dry Needling
- Stretching and gentle exercise techniques
- IV Nutrient Therapy
- Chiropractic and physical therapy
- Active Release Technique
Headache Pain Relief in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
If you are experiencing severe or frequent headaches, call Reagan Integrated Sports Medicine at (972) 503-7272 to schedule a consultation or use our convenient online Scheduling App and book now. We can help ease your pain and get you back to what you love.